Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Crazy kid & Crazy Weather

 
Abigail insisted on wearing her brothers' Buzz Lightyear costume. It was a little big but a good amount of rolling and some boots to go with it, and she was quite a cute little Buzz.
 
This picture also illustrates how C-R-A-Z-Y the weather in the Azores is. We were outside, feeding Scrubs when I took this picture. The boys finished, we went back inside and not five seconds later, it was pouring and then hailing. It changes so fast. From sun to rain to hail!
 
Abigail has been a different kid the last week or so. I am always amazed at how fast they leave one phase behind and enter another. While I was gone in Germany, she turned over a new leaf. She started taking heftier naps, and her mood improved continually. I am pretty sure that she was fighting a bad head cold for a few weeks (of which I am not the unwilling recipient) that was preventing her from sleeping solid. The tantrums and bad moods have lightened considerably. She has been a real joy to be around.
 
Here are a few recent videos featuring Abigail as the star:

Abigail and her shoes: Here she shows me, without words, what it is she wants. She loves her shoes, and always picks out the pair she wants (and never fails to pull out a match either.)

A day of chalk: I got some new chalk in Germany! The kids were excited and couldn't wait for some clear weather to get outside and draw. Here you'll see a bit of all of my kids' personalities emerging. One of the funny parts is when I ask Abigail to draw and she thinks I say jump. Cracked us up.

No comments: