Thursday, June 21, 2012

Prayers Requested

I recently became aware that a former classmate of mine in South Florida disappeared while on his yacht. Guma Aguiar went to Fort Lauderdale Christian School with me in Kindergarten, first, and second grades. When I was a young adult, he married a friend of mine from Abundant Life Christian Centre, the church I grew up in. Her name is Jamie Black. Her mother, Wendy, is a very good friend of my mom's, and they are very involved at Abundant Life together. They have four children.

Wendy and Jaime were both present when I spoke at Abundant Life back in February, and Wendy joined me for lunch afterwards. They are a beautiful family, and I know they could use your support right now. Here is a link to a local article about the story. Would you join me in praying for the Aguiar and Black families? I'll keep you posted if I find it more.

2 comments:

Buttercup said...

I am praying for your classmate and his family.

Jenny said...

Oh my word Wen! I knew Jamie from WA! Praying!!!