Friday, June 01, 2012

People pleaser


I saw this floating around Facebook, and it really struck a cord with me. I am a people-pleaser. I want people to like me. But sometimes I will go to a great extent to make someone happy who doesn't even care that much about me. I am so worried about losing their friendship. And they aren't even concerned, slightly, with losing mine. So important to remember that I need to stay true to me. My values. My beliefs. My character. Not the wants and desires of people who, years from now, won't be a part of my life. My life has been completely free in Turkey. There isn't a "situation" that has made this more pertinent for me right now. Life has been drama-free during my two years in Turkey. But I still want to always remember that Jesus Christ is the person I need to please. Always. Just Him. That's it. Amen.

1 comment:

TAV said...

So true. I, too, struggle with "trying to make friendships work" when sometimes, because it isn't worth it to the other person, it's best to "let it go"....