Friday, June 01, 2012

Friday Funnies


FIRST A FEW FUNNIES FROM ISAAC: 
Isaac: "We want to go in the suitcase too."
Me: "No. Abigail should not have been in there. She is a baby."
Isaac: "But we want to go in there."
Me: "No, we aren't going to play in the suitcase. It smashes all the clothes."
Isaac: "But the suitcase is lovely."
Me: "Lovely?"
Isaac: "Yes. It has all kinds of wonderful stuff in there."
*****
Isaac has been big on going to people's houses without me in attendance. He'll say things like, "When are you going to leave, Mommy?" or "Are you going to be there too?" or "I don't want you to come."
*****
Isaac was playing with some construction vehicles. I brought him some marshmallows and put them in one of the dump trucks.
Me: "Here are some rocks for your dump truck, Isaac."
Isaac: "These are mashmallows."
Me: "No, they are rocks," I said, with a silly smile.
Isaac: "Are you just pretending these are rocks, Mommy?"
*****
John and I often pretend to be "fighting" over the kids. I'll say, "This is my Isaac!" and JB will say, "No, he's my Isaac!" While "fighting" over him yesterday, JB said, "Isaac? Whose boy are you?" Isaac smiled, pointed at JB, snuggled with me and then, obviously not comfortable making the decision said, "God's!"
*****
Isaac: "What color is my tongue?"
*****

AND NOW SOME FUNNIES FROM ELIJAH:

Elijah: "Can I have some juice?"
Me: "Yes. How 'bout orange juice?"
Elijah: "Okay! I love orange juice." (I begin pouring orange juice.) "Is that so many orange juice?"
Me: "Well, it's so much orange juice." (Hands him orange juice.)
Elijah: "Ohhhh. Thank you. I love so much."
*****
I told Elijah we had to wash all his bedding, including his "stuff" (big white bear and green froggie) because something smelled like pee. "Maybe," Elijah said, smirking, "I just passed gas?"
*****
Elijah was "reading" JB's Field and Stream magazine. He told JB that the fish on the front was mad. JB asked him why. "Because he doesn't want to taste good. He doesn't want them to eat him."
*****

AND NOW SOME FROM THE BROTHERS:

Elijah: "I'm going to stay with Daddy."
Isaac: "Me too."
Elijah: "Me three."
Isaac: "Me five."
*****
JB: "Tomorrow we are going to read about Peter," JB said as he shut the boys' Bible before bed.
Elijah: "Is Peter a bad guy?"
JB: "No, he's a good guy. Peter is a really good guy."
Isaac: "So is our Peter!"
JB: "Your Peter?"
Isaac: "Yes. Our friend Peter."
Elijah: "But sometimes Peter takes our stuff."

1 comment:

Dr. Linda said...

LOL!! Oh my gosh, I am SO going to miss those boys. Elijah cracks me up!! That last comment about Peter taking their stuff - classic! :)