Friday, June 08, 2012

Friday Funnies


The lifepreserver (which I called a lifesaver) at our pool is referred to as a light saber by not one but both of my boys.
*****
Isaac has an array of crazy names that he calls people. “Banana-e-yacht” is one of his favorites. He also calls us all “Mom-inator” or “Dad-inator.” Fruits are very popular – like strawberry or apple.
*****
For some reason, the boys constantly refer to Joni when doing anything with glasses. I think because, when they are together, she is constantly looking for them or needing them to read things to them. Elijah walked into our new dining room, wearing a pair of kids’ sunglasses he found in one of the boxes we were unpacking. “I’m not Joni,” he said.
*****
Isaac: “I think I heard a toot from you Elijah.”
*****
While reading the story of the good Samaritan, we stopped on a page that had a picture of the injured man being nursed back to health in his bed. Elijah looked at the picture and said, “But we should not eat food in bed. Right Mommy?"
*****
The boys have created a pirate ship on the front porch. I brought out a sheet to hang from the clothes line so that they would have a sail for their mast. Only I said, “I’ll get you a mast for your sail.” Isaac looked at me funny and said, “We already have a mast, Mommy.” Sometimes I wonder who the grown-up is in our relationship.
*****
On the plane, Elijah told me he was going to draw the letter I. He drew it, and it was quite a stretch to say that it was an I. However, because he told me that was what it was going to be, when he asked me, “What’d’ya think is this?” I said, “Well, it looks like an I to me.” He crinkled his nose and said, “Well, it’s a bendy I.
*****
Elijah takes forever to do number two. Usually, when he needs to go away from the house, I tell him that this has to be a “fast poopy” since I am usually corralling two other kiddos at the same time in a public restroom. In the airport in Lisbon he said to me from inside the stall, “Can we stay in here a long time?” When I told him that he could take as much time as he needed, I don’t think he still believed I wasn’t going to rush him. A few minutes later he yelled, “Mommy?” Thinking he was going to tell me I could come in to clean him up, he instead said, “I’m not done.”
*****
I call the hand sanitizer magic soap – a phrase I stole from Stebbins. (See Stebbs, you are still making my blog!) When I called it that to Elijah on our trip he asked me, “Does it fly?” I guess the only reference he had was magic carpets from Aladdin.
*****
Elijah: “Mommy, I can’t really talk.”
Me: “Why?”
Elijah: “Because my mouth is quiet.”

*****
I sent Elijah to the attendant on the plane to get me some cold water to cool off Abigail’s bottle. I was holding her and balancing the bottle, and he was on the aisle. When he returned empty-handed, I asked him if he had asked the attendant for the water. “Yes,” he said. “But she didn’t listen to me.”

*****

While reading to the boys in their new bed, Scrubby leaned up, and Elijah complained because he was “wet.” I explained that dog’s noses are wet. Elijah felt it. “Ohhhh. It is wet,” he said. And then he said, “My nose is wet too.” He felt his nose and realizing it wasn’t wet, changed his mind. “I mean, Isaac’s nose is wet.” Isaac shook his head and replied, “My nose isn’t wet. It’s just snotty.”

No comments: