Monday, April 11, 2011

Mommy Sleeps in & Daddy Comes Home

A quick flashback. The day Becky left (Friday), I got up early to take her to the airport via the Base shuttle. When I returned home, I went back to bed and let Veronica handle the early morning. I slept until 8am, and when I got up, I found my little Elijah in his undies and hat playing play dough with his Veronica and big brother. Elijah is such a little "chump." It's the only word I know for him. He is just a gentle giant who has very simple needs (food, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, reading books, and playing with toys). He grunts and gives hug hugs and slobbery kisses. He makes me laugh and smile and sigh in one breath.

Take a look at what I saw after I woke up from sleeping in:



This one is from before he took his p.j.'s off.

Speaking of our "Little Chump", here is a video of him from this morning when he got up and discovered Daddy hiding under the blanket.


While Elijah was a little confused by Daddy, I wish I had a video to show Isaac's reaction when John decided to wake him up an hour later. (John just couldn't stand it any longer and was worried he wouldn't get to see Isaac before he went to work.) Isaac's reaction was priceless and choked both JB and me up. First, he visibly started shaking with excitement, and then he kept grabbing JB's face and giving him hugs over and over and over again. It was priceless. Truly.

No comments: