Friday, September 21, 2007

Quick bits of life & a trivia at the end

So this blog will be fairly random for sure. First, some photos Kristi sent me of Logan and Raylee at Logan's recent birthday. How cute are these?!


Many, many, many of you have asked me how Kristi and her family are doing. I talk to Kristi pretty regularly, and they are doing as well as can be expected. I think, like most families, they need even more prayers now, when all the activity has started dying down. So please continue to include the Hartleys on your prayer list. I'll keep reminding you -- just in case you may think of forgetting!

I also wanted to share the most exciting news of the week! My nephew Nathan got a haircut. I've been teasing Gabbi that this has really been needed. If you don't believe me, check out Gabbi's blog yesterday: Nate's Haircut. Bravo guys! He looks, as Grace would say, "GWATE!" (I love the way my niece Gracie talks -- too cute.)

Gracie called and left a message on our phone after she received her birthday present (which we sent a little bit late but better late than never.) I think I may never delete that message and just listen to it anytime I am having a rough day. "Thank you for my pwesent. I'll talk to you waiter ..." I love her little voice! She's the sweetest niece EVER!

I also wanted to link to Joia's recent post with a photo from their dinner at our house the other night. However, her blog wasn't titled and therefore I couldn't figure out how to link to that post. Can you link to a title-less blog? I do not know! Anyways, so, I decided instead to steal a photo from her blog which I know won't bother her since we sort of have a "free stealing agreement" that is mutually understood. Hear is JB holding Keenan while the three remaining adults ate Joia's delicious oreo pie (JB is eating healthy and therefore only had a few bites of pie! Too bad for him! More for me!)

It was great to have Phil and Joia over as we haven't had dinner with just them yet! It was also good as Keenan has been sick so she has had to keep him away from all the other kids. Since we don't have kids, it was a perfect night to connect with them. Not having children does come in handy sometimes!


I am also feeling very blessed that my great, wonderful friend Tiffany called last night and offered to take Scrubs on his morning walk. Her parents are in town, and her dad volunteered to walk William while she walked Scrubs! I think I am going to take her up on this offer since I just feel pretty stinkin' lousy this morning. I have managed to walk him the last two mornings despite how badly I felt because thinking about what a crazy dog he would be without a walk made me think otherwise. But this morning, I am going to opt out of my walk and let Tif trot him around the neighborhood.

John has been taking Scrubs out at night and said that he is meeting all the kids I have been telling him about. He said three little girls came running out of their house when he passed by telling him, "We know Scrubs! We were the first ones to know Scrubs!" and explaining to John that they were allowed to play with him. The only bad thing about all this attention is that when all these little kids start running at Scrubs, he gets so excited that he uses the bathroom. It's the only time he does it and the kids ask if he is drooling or peeing. I try to ask them to stand back and let Scrubs sit and don't come flying in at him, but they really don't know how to do this. Again -- I've got to get a photo of this! (Not the peeing but Scrubs with the kids.

All right, that's enough randomness for one post. I do want to end with a bit of trivia though that my mom shared with me. The average person does this 70 times a day! Anyone have a guess?!

19 comments:

The Ray Family said...

Sits down.

Anonymous said...

I think YOU are about the sweetest niece around --

so sad those allergies are getting you down -- :(

i'm thinking "clears their throat" for the trivia....

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

neither of these are correct. More guesses?

Anonymous said...

This probably isn't legal, but I'm going to post multiple guesses at once:

Touches their face

Licks their lips

Bends over to pick something up

Anonymous said...

Sorry my untitled post gave you trouble! I actually had No idea I hadn't titled it until you said that... it is now! =)

Gabbs said...

Yawn

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well Joia, yes you cheated but since you are wrong anyways, that's ok.

This has a negative conotation.

Anonymous said...

So, I'm a big fat, wrong, cheater, huh? See if I ever play your game again... LOL!

Anonymous said...

How about swallows food, drink, etc...? This has got me thinking all day.

Susan

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Okay well wait ...

my "this has a negative conotation" was meant to be a clue, not a reference to Joia's "cheating" ...

This thing that people do 70 times a day is not seen as a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Says something negative?

Anonymous said...

Complains? (sorry just thought of that right after I posted the other one)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Okay Joia, you got it!!! Complaining. EXCELLENT! On the winner's board.

Here's the current winner's list:

Cindy V.
Doormark x2
Ebby
Gabbi x 4
Jason
Joanna x2
Justin
Kristen x3
Patrick
Tara (in Cali)
Ray
Suebaby x2
Randy
Funkmonkey
Nicole
Dad
Joia

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Wow.. that's kind of sad though... complaining 70 times a day??

Man, I hope I'm below average...

The Ray Family said...

(((That's a stupid game anyway! I ccan't believe someone actually studies those things.))) :)

There is one of my 70 for the day.

The Ray Family said...

By the way, for those reading, I am not really a negative nelly. I was just going for the joke on this one. Besides I am a yellow on the color code thingy on Tara's blog. That's right...a bright sider. Anyway, have good day all.

Anonymous said...

On Adoption:

Deciding to have a baby is like planning a trip to Australia. You've heard it's a wonderful place, you've read many guidebooks and feel certain you're ready to go. Everyone you know has traveled there by plane. They say it can be a turbulent flight with occasional rough landings, but you can look forward to being pampered on the trip.




So you go to the airport and ask the ticket agent for a ticket to Australia. All around you, excited people are boarding planes for Australia. It seems there is no seat for you; you'll have to wait for the next flight. Impatient, but anticipating a wonderful trip, you wait--and wait--and wait.




Flights to Australia continue to come and go. People say silly things like, "Relax. You'll get on a flight soon." Other people actually get on a plane and then cancel their trip, to which you cry, "It's not fair!"




After a long time the ticket agent tells you, "I'm sorry, we're not going to be able to get you on a plane to Australia. Perhaps you should think about going by boat."




"By BOAT!" you say. "Going by boat will take a very long time and it costs a great deal of money. I really had my heart set on going by plane." So you go home and think about not going to Australia at all. You wonder if Australia will be as beautiful if you approach it by sea rather than air. But you have long dreamed of this wonderful place, and finally you decide to travel by boat.




It is a long trip, many months over many rough seas. No one pampers you. (Isn't that the truth!) You wonder if you will ever see Australia. Meanwhile, your friends have flown back and forth to Australia two or three more times, marveling about each trip.




Then one glorious day, the boat docks in Australia. It is more exquisite than you ever imagined, and the beauty is magnified by your long days at sea. You have made many wonderful friends during your voyage, and you find yourself comparing stories with other who also traveled by sea rather then by air.




People continue to fly to Australia as often as they like, but you are about to travel only once, perhaps twice. Some say things like, "Oh, be glad you didn't fly. My flight was horrible; traveling by sea is so easy."




You will always wonder what it would have been like to fly to Australia. Still, you know God blessed you with a special appreciation of Australia, and the beauty of Australia is not in the way you get there, but in the place itself.




By Diane Armitage printed in the April 21, 1995 "Dear Abby" column.

Amy T. S. said...

Checks their email? Wait, that's just me. Yawns? Clears their throat? Squints? Says, "the?"

Amy T. S. said...

I was too late. The only game I'm getting fairly good at is backgammon. Alas.