Saturday, September 01, 2007

My folks are here!

What a GREAT Saturday!

My Dad and Mom got in late last night. Well, actually early this morning. Sometimes after midnight.

They wanted to meet Scrubs so I got him up to say hello. Unfortunately, for some reason, Scrubs has a little trouble holding his bladder when he meets my mom. This behavior repeated itself this morning. Silly puppy. When I let him outside, he definitely still has to go the bathroom but the poor guy gets so excited he just starts leaking a little bit. My mom just does that to people.

This morning my Mom and I went on a long walk with the pup and then headed over to the bay. Scrubs laid down in the grass and would NOT get up. I tried to pull him, but he just laid there panting link crazy. So my Mom and I opted for plan B and sat down next to him and just talked while he took a little rest.

JB has been in heaven having all this free time. He finished up one of the Chinese adoption books that he's been reading and has started in on the current edition of Harry Potter. (The book is a hard back -- I tried to get him to wait for the paperback to come out, and he looked at me like I was crazy.) He also cooked some of his famous Thai wraps for lunch. We also all took naps during a rain storm and this evening are planning to go to Baytowne Wharf for dinner.

I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents and parents who would drive nine and a half hours to come and see us. It is just so great to spend time with them. I'll post pictures soon!

3 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Tell JB that I just finished the new HP book. I was going to wait for paperback, too, but Target had it for $17.99! what a steal. It was worth it, too.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yeah I think he spent like $25 Rachel. But seriously, when I suggested waiting I got a look that was a bit evil!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.