Friday, September 07, 2007

Paperwork and puppies


The paperwork we finally compiled which will hopefully get our Home Study underway! I mailed this stack today.

It's Friday, and I have managed to avoid an impending cry for most of the day.

This morning I dropped JB off at the hospital so I could have the car. He has to be there at 6:15 so it's an early start. Scrubs loves to get in the car so we have a good morning activity to start the day with.

I needed the car so I could run to the post office. We finally got all our paperwork together to send to the Home Study agency in Orlando. You'd think that would make me feel better, but I only felt more overwhelmed. I got an email from the main office in Virginia telling me that our birth certificates and marriage license aren't official. They have to been issued in the last year, and then they have to be certified by the state. This means that I have to contact Kentucky (marriage license), Florida (my birth certificate), and North Carolina (JB's birth certficate). I have to pay for and request new licenses so they are less than a year old. I then have to somehow, and I am not sure how, get these certified by the state.

I also found out that JB's employment letter, which has now been redone two times (and notarized two times), has to go through a third draft so that it states that he has "dependent employment." Our family coordinator said we could leave this out and not get it redone; however, we risk China rejecting the letter!

I know everyone told me to take this paperwork one day at a time, and everyone told me it will get done, but it seems so daunting! It just seems like so much. And then I start feeling sorry for myself. Biological parents don't have to do this?! Why do I?! I know that's a stupid thing to feel, but I feel it, and it feels frustrating.

So let's move on to brighter things. Tonight John and I are going to a "pharma dinner". These are fancy dinners put on by pharmaceutical companies. All the physicians get invited, however, spouses aren't invited. So how come I get to go? I'm a medical writer!!! That counts!!! Yay!!! So we get to go get a nice meal together in Destin. Should be fun.

Anyways, in other news, Scrubs is doing really well. I have taken a few pictures of him sleeping. You'll notice some rough spots on his skin. He has a genetic skin condition that he will hopefully outgrow as his immune system gets stronger. JB gives him some liquid medication each evening (after he gets sleepy so he doesn't know what is going on).

But you'll notice these pictures are taken in my office. (Or if you didn't notice, I'm telling you.) Scrubs is spending more and more time around the house with me during the day as his bathroom behavior gets more and more reliable. He follows me everywhere and since he is usually only really active between 5 and 8 am and pm, his behavior during the day is pretty mild.

He still struggles to communicate that he has to go to the bathroom. The last two nights he has gotten very "bad", nipping and barking like crazy. Both nights we thought he was just having a hyper-attack and put him in his kennel only to have him have an accident. How stupid can we get!? We soon realized that he was trying to tell us he wanted to go out. He doesn't want to go in the house, but we have to communicate between the two of us better! Anyways, here are some pics of Scrubs taking a nap while I worked.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, Praying for you in the midst of all your paper work. It never feels good to feel overwhelmed. May you be blessed with lots of hugs from JB and Scrubs...hugs have such a way of calming us down, don't they? Passing on a website you might enjoy:http://www.lightsource.com/Ministry/joyce_meyer_ministries/20070825/ This lady always peps me up when I'm feeling like I'm treading water AND getting smacked in the face by tidal waves at the same time!!!! I'm also sending you a cute thought about chocolate...Have a wonderful weekend! A. from TX



Chocolate Calories

A good piece of chocolate has about 200 calories. As I enjoy
two servings per night, and a few more on weekends, I
consume 3,500 calories of chocolate in a week, which equals
one pound of weight per week.

Therefore...

In the last 3 1/2 years, I have had a chocolate caloric
intake of about 180 pounds. I weigh only 165 pounds, so
without chocolate, I would have wasted away to nothing about
three months ago!

I owe my life to chocolate.

Tara said...

Aw, Scrubs is getting so big. Sounds like you're "his person," Wendi. :) (I am not either of my dogs' "person"--but I am 2 of the cats "person").

I hope the paperwork stress eases for you soon...I truly hate stuff like that and I can understand why it puts you close to tears. :(

Keith said...

Wendi,

Never thought your little big brother would post a comment on your site, but I thought I'd let you know I started a blog for work. It's mainly sports news on your alma mater, but I thought you might want to look at it once in a while. I'm hoping a lot of FLCS alumni can reconnect through it...if they want to. Anyway, its crusaderathletics.blogspot.com

Love ya,

Keith

Anonymous said...

Hey. I know Gabbi from the RoW group. I was on her blog and ventured over here. My husband and I adopted a little boy from Guatemala two years ago this week! I can totally relate to this blog about paperwork. It may be a different country, but the paperwork it still the same - overwhelming. Adoption is one of the largest blessings I have ever expereienced but it is a rollercoaster ride!
Hold on tight... it is an amazing adventure that words cannot desribe. If you ever need someone to chat with who has been thru it Gabbi has my info. I will keep you both and your precious child in my prayers.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

That chocolate stuff is hilarious!!!

KEITH -- holy crap!