Monday, August 13, 2007

A moment

I had a moment last night that I tried to remember why we got a dog.

Actually the moment came in three parts.

Part one of the moment was when we discovered that while I was vacuuming, Scrubs had peed on our white down comforter! We very rarely let him out of the kitchen. He was only out for a few minutes. I think the vacuum may have scared him into peeing. So, that'll have to go to the dry cleaner.

Part two of the moment was when he peed on his favorite purple blanket in the kitchen. I still don't know why he did that! He loves his blanket. I think he was wrestling with it and got excited and peed on it.

Part three of the moment was when he went on a walk with JB and came back MORE excited than when he left. I told John I think they actually went around the block and took naps on the lawn instead of walking to the park and back. The dog was more wired upon returning then he was when leaving. He was so wired that when I let him out to go to the bathroom, he took off with one of my flip-flops and left it in the yard somewhere. It took me almost five minutes to find it in the dark!

But then, the cute little pup fell asleep on the couch -- obviously whippd from such an exhausting evening of peeing and hiding flip flops. He was so cute and soft just lying there that I decided to forgive him and give another chance to be a better puppy. We'll see how today goes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! This is so funny...not so much the stuff that he did (not very cool at all), but how "warm and fuzzy" your feelings toward him turned once he fell asleep. =) That's so sweet...

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh!!!

AW said...

They're always adorable when they're sleeping!

Amy T. S. said...

I can relate! When I first got my Punky-cat he was a little kitten. I was a new graduate student suffering from sleep deprivation and stress, and he would mew and mew outside my door at night, rub his face on mine when I finally relented to let him in (he had pinkeye), and he needed so much attention. "What did I do????" is right! 'Twill get better.

Another story, one time my fam was at a party and my dad gave a speech for the birthday boy, a German. My dad put together a word, just like the Germans do, and he meant it to say "great sailor" (wunderschiffer). Apparently that meant "happy pee-er." So you can call Scrubs the Wunderschiffer if you want to!