Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Don't take my photo




The above was our attempt at getting a picture of Scrubs -- primarily Scrubs with his new "dog tag" in case he gets lost. Picture number two is probably the closest we came to accomplishing this task. Me sitting across from him and having the camera just provoking him is asking a lot. You can also spot the now clean, purple blanket in the background -- a blanket that, gulp, was actually a gift to me, from my mom. Sorry mom! But he really, really likes it, and if I tried to take it back, things would not go well. I need to get a video of him with that blanket. If I bring it back into the laundry room, he follows me, waits for me to drop it, then politely picks it up and prances into the kitchen where he drops it in the same spot every time. This is his blanket to chew his ice cubes (he LOVES ice cubes).

Yesterday was, a much better day for the little pup. It was also an encouraging day for me. I went to the dentist to have him look at my left crown which has been sore. Rachel, I think you were right. He thinks it was too high and filed the tooth down for me. Hopefully, the pain when I eat goes away -- if not, then it might be indicative that something else is wrong. He was a really great dentist which I am glad about so I can just use him for the next three years. There are dentists on base, but they only see active personnel. They also require these airmen to go. JB started getting some pretty heated emails about him being "undeployable" because his teeth were dirty. Quite funny. I chose this dentist strictly on the Internet as I didn't have a recommendation to go on when I needed to make the appointment.

I am now walking two times a day with the dog. In the morning I am walking with Tiffany (and hopefully Joia) a 3+ mile loop. In the evening, I am trying to do another 2+. The morning walk really helps wear the dog down. The evening route isn't always as successful. I think we may need to double it. Our evening walk to the water park and back is often broken up by tons of little kids asking me if they can "pet the puppy." Scrubs does very well (mainly because he is too tired to do otherwise) just sitting there and letting the kids pet him. We also ran into a couple yesterday with two Great Danes. These are apparently very docile dogs but absolutely HUGE. Here's a sample pic below. Scrubs does great though despite the fact that he is half their size!

No comments: