Sunday, August 26, 2007

Grossness

After witnessing a certain, unmentionable occurrence this morning, JB reminded me of a Proverb.

Proverbs 26:11 –"Like a dog that returns to its vomit Is a fool who repeats his folly."

Let me just say that I now know this proverb to be true and of complete accuracy.

Disgusting.

Let's skip ahead to happier and more pleasant images. We invited some of JB's fellow interns over for dinner tonight. While JB was cooking he allowed Scrubs to participate in the festivities with a carrot. You can tell by the picture below that Scrubs enjoyed himself immensely.

I know that my blog has included a lot of dog recently. But you know, this pup is really bringing me joy. Actually he's bringing me extreme frustration coupled with extreme joy. And so since this blog has always been about my life, I wouldn't be accurately presenting what's going on in my life if I didn't share our fun with Scrubs. Dogs are great! I can't believe I went through four years of infertility without one.

I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend being as JB was home. I realized that if he is home on the weekends and home at 6pm in the evenings, we are sort of like a real family! It's been a great week because I have had my partner here with me. John starts his "nursery" rotation tomorrow. It's a month. The hours are supposed to be pretty long, but we will be here on base and his weekends will only include a limited amount of time. So it should be nice.

Okay, off to clean up the carrot before our company gets here.

2 comments:

AW said...

Wendi, personally, I love hearing the joy in your words. I know it doesn't completely take away the pain, but I also realize how wonderful a respite it is to be distracted with such joy. God is good and it's obvious that He created Scrubs (and our furbabies!) as a reminder to us of that. ;-)

David and Lesley said...

Hey Wen! I loved watching your vidoes - that is pretty slick that you can load the YouTube videos on your blog. I can barely figure out how to get my pictures to come up in the right order. :) I love hearing about how much fun you're having with Scrubs. We're doing well here - I'm on call again, but it's been a quiet night, so I'm thankful. I'll call you soon!