Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"John the Chef" needs "Wendi the Dishwasher"

As many of you know, my husband is a fantastic chef. Now I am not complaining (nor would I dare -- I eat very well), but as you can see from the pictures below, JB's cooking style creates a fair amount of mess in the kitchen.

This fantastic cooking is normally not a problem. That is, it is not a problem when the dishwasher isn't broken.

Our dishwasher broke this week for the third time since we bought it. So much for a great Maytag reputation!

Every time I mention my frustration about the broken dishwasher, JB reminds me that our dishwasher is not broken. This is because he considers Wendi the dishwasher for our house!

My father would have an appropriate comment for this flawed bit of intellect. He'd call it "stinkin' thinkin'!" Jb thinkin' that I am the dishwasher is really stinkin' thinkin'! Our dishwasher's name is Maytag, and as soon as she gets her new part again, she will be feeling just fine.

I pray for each morning. In the meantime, we've broken our rule and bought some paperplates. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

P.S. Wendi acknowledges the sarcastic nature of this piece and hopes everyone recognizes that she is married to the most wonderful man in the world who would do the dishes for me everyday if I asked!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will come and wash your dishes any time John wants to cook for me!!!
Wendi, you are too funny!!! mom