Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Less seriousness

Okay, enough seriousness. Here are the nuts and bolts of what's on my mind.

1. Maytag is still sick. Honestly, I can't even bring myself to comment anymore on this issue. Instead I have decided to include a picture of her and what she looked like in all her glory.



2. Our condo association forced me to write a letter. It was a nice letter, but it had to be done. They decided to close the hot tub! Our favorite spot! However, more than that were the Board's reasons. Reason #1: $2,000-3,000 a year maintenance. There are 100 condo owners in our building. This means about $30 per condo per year! That's like $3 a month. Hogwash! They just raised our monthly fees, assessed us another $800, and required us to get our windows sealed for $180. Surely we can keep the hot tub. Reason #2: health issues. This was due to one little old lady that found one article in some old newspaper somewhere and stuck it up on the bulletin board. I understand that there are some health issues, but no one investigated it. They read this lady's little newspaper article and closed the hot tub! I didn't blast the condo board. I thanked them for their service. Honestly, I wouldn't want my husband on that Board. They are hated more than politicians (Or, are Board Members politicians?) But I did tell them that something like this should be voted on by the entire building before it is just agreed upon. I think most of the building agrees. You should see the petition list on the bulletin board downstairs! Even though I have NEVER seen an old person in that hot tub since we moved in, these old people are putting their foot down on this.

3. This brings me to something else I have observed about older people since living in this building. I wonder if when I am older, I will be okay with saying whatever I want and not giving a CRAP what anyone thinks. These people write some thing and stick it on the bulletin board and sign their name and don't have even a moment's hesitation. I wonder if "whimpy wendi" will turn into "wendi won't take your crap" by the time I am 70?

4. In addition, I want to ask something else about older people. Do their clothes ever get dirty? I go down to that laundry room with pounds of clothes. They throw in like six dishcloths! What's with that?

Okay, so there it is: a moment in my brain!

No comments: