Friday, April 19, 2019

We Bought a Farm: Sharing our Farm

This is Alena (from Germany!) with a ram born on Wednesday with an awesome grey color. Our first ever grey lamb!


I love when new people come to our farm. Each time they capture images and pictures that while I see them every day, seem to capture an angle I haven't ever quite seen. Here are some pictures Alena has shared with me during her time on our farm:












I love meeting new people. 

I love seeing how their eyes take in the familiarity of my world with new amazement. 

I love their contributions: in the kitchen, homeschooling, on the farm, in the sharing of different viewpoints and different culture. 

I pray we are always able to welcome new people despite the fact that it can be nerve-wracking, uncomfortable, scary, and overwhelming. 

I pray that when they leave our farm they say: "God was there. I may not know him completely, but I know he was there." 

I hope that when the media shows them crazy Christians they can look back at their time on the Bauernhof and say, "Nope. I met some of those Christians, and while their family was crazy, it was a good crazy."

The world is big.

It can feel crazy.

But you can care for your tiny little plot of land.

It doesn't need to be 96-acres like our's. 

It can be just your home.

What are you going to do with it? Who will you invite in? What will you share with them? What will you learn from them? 

Stop listening to our media telling you how awful this world is and see the good. 

For yourself. 

1 comment:

Rick said...

With the crazy kids, their crazy parents, and crazy friends, there is no doubt that they will say it is a crazy place. But one of the best places that I have been. And I am sure that everyone that has been to your place will have seen how the Lord is working through all of you, from the kids to the rest of the clan! But I really don't think it is that crazy, it is just the life of a farm family!