Thursday, September 15, 2016

Homeschooling: First Day of Co-op (Year 2)

We are in our second year with the Heritage Home Scholars Co-op group. The boys are now in 2nd grade, Abigail is in Kindergarten (although I am not technically starting her in Kindergarten at home yet), and Hannah is in the pre-school class. Ms. Kristin took some pictures of the girls on their first day (which was Monday):


Abigail was a tad clingy when class first started but within five minutes, she was in her groove. Such a big change from year one! She LOVED her classes. She takes a basic kindergarten class for hour one, in hour two she takes music, and in hour three they do art/PE.


Hannah is in the pre-school class. I loved how her teachers all came up to me and said, "Wow. She and Abigail are NOTHING alike." Yeah. Tell me about it.

Hannah working on her letter H! Thanks Ms. Nicolle for sharing these photos with me.

Typical goofball.

Lovin' this little lady. She told me when I dropped her off, "I'm just a little bit scared." But she did great!

I didn't get any pics of the boys, but they had an AWESOME time. Isaac is taking: (1) Art (2) Geography and then (3) Shapshots. The second two classes are actually for kids 1-2 years older than he is, but we thought he could handle them with how much he loves geography and how much an "old soul" Isaac is.

Sidge is taking (1) Art (2) P.E. and (3) Lego Math. I am actually the teacher for P.E. and Lego Math. I would have preferred not to teach my own kiddos, but I couldn't work it out any different. 

This is also the first time that Sidge and Isaac are doing anything apart. They were both a bit nervous to not have their brother with them, but Isaac immediately found some familiar faces in his classes, and Sidge's buddy Joshua is in all THREE of his classes with him.

We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this homeschool group. I can't even tell you how awesome it is, and how HONORED I am to be a part of it. 

HHS rocks!!!

No comments: