Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Identical




Last night, I had the opportunity to review the Christian movie The Identical from FishFlix.com

What's even better is that I got to watch this movie with my cousin Briana -- both of us women have dealt with intense infertility. I have adopted and Briana is in the process of adopting. I also live in TN (where must of this movie is set) and she is visiting me here right now. A perfect audience if I do say so myself!

While obviously not a big budget movie, we were both moved by the infertility and adoption story lines that were intertwined throughout the entire story. And not only by the presence of these subplots but also by the faith that helped guide the decisions the characters made. 

In The Identical, twin brothers are unknowingly separated at birth; one of them becomes an iconic rock 'n' roll star, while the other struggles to balance his love for music with pleasing his father. I am hesitant to ruin the movie by discussing exactly how infertility and adoption are intertwined, but I do want to say that I think they are presented very accurately. The intense pain of infertility and the extreme joy (for the adoptive parents) that walks alongside extreme loss (for the biological parents) is raw and accurate.

This won't be a movie that wins any awards, but it will be one that your entire family can watch and have good discussions about faith, the Lord's calling, loss, and what it really means to be a family.

You can get  The Identical and hundreds of other Christian DVDs from FishFlix.com.

No comments: