Saturday, January 24, 2015

Happy Birthday JB


My husband turns 39 today. This picture above was on one of our first dates -- homecoming 1994. I was 16. He was almost 17. This was 21 years ago. 

My husband graduated from high school in 1994. He received a full scholarship to the Fort Lauderdale Art Institute. He moved to Kentucky to be with me, started his own graphic design business, put himself through undergrad at Western Kentucky University while running his business full time, got into one of the most prestigious medical schools in the country -- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, joined the military, started a very popular permaculture website, and most recently, switched careers into ER medicine while pursuing his dream of owning a farm. 

During this time he has been an incredible husband and truly the best father I have ever seen. He loves me and his children with every fibre of his being, and everything he does, he does for us. There is not a moment that goes by that I ever doubt whether I married the right man. Some people question a teenagers decision to fall in love with her first boyfriend for the rest of her life.

It was the best decision of my life.

Happy Birthday JB. 

No comments: