Thursday, January 01, 2015

Slightly embarrassed


This is a true story.

The local Chik-Fil-A runs two drive-thru lanes during lunch. They use a series of cones to set this up. 

When I pulled into Chik-Fil-A the cones were not present. When I pulled out of Chik-Fil-A the cones were present.

I took a good look and saw one cone on my left. I took a good look and saw one cone on my right.

I believed that I properly backed up between the two cones.

Apparently there was a cone in the middle. 

I heard something when I backed up. I got out of my van. I looked under the van. But I saw nothing. So I continued backing up and drove home.

On my ride home, I continued to hear something funny. I got out of the van two times to see what the grinding noise was. 

I saw nothing.

I kept driving.

When I got home, I asked my father-in-law to please investigate before JB took the van on his half hour commute to the ER that night.

Father-in-law returned from the garage nearly suffocated with laughter. 

Then he held up the cone.

I begrudgingly posed for this photo as proof of the cone I dragged one half hour lodged under my van.

Ensue laughter.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hee hee, Isaac looks like he thought it was pretty funny too! :)