Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday K.I.S.S.: One Day at a Time

It goes without saying that if we were to "keep things simple", the best way to do that is to take one day at a time.

One moment at a time. One thing at a time.
  Today, I was reminded of how true that is again. With JB gone through this month and us scheduled for a pack-out the first week of April, most of everything is going to fall on me. And by most of this I mean, what feels like, a thousand little things.

I need to keep a list. I need to put things on it. I need to cross them off. I need to take a moment at a time. I need to take a thing at a time.

Today I found out that they will not give us loaner furniture after we pack out because we live off Base. I was literally in shock hearing this. This means that after we pack out the first week of April, we are without any furniture until the end of May when we fly out.

If we lived on Base, we get furniture.

If we live off Base, we do not.

Does this make any sense?

Now it isn't that bad. We live in a partially furnished house, and we will figure out a way to make this work. But why they give loaner stuff when you come in but not when you go out is completely absurd.

Later I had to find the port where we sign up to have our van shipped out. Found out we have to do that before JB gets home which I didn't think would be the case.

So many things for me to do.

But I am determined to remember to "Keep it Simple, Stupid."

One thing at a time. One day at a time. One hour at a time.

I ... can ... do ... this!

P.S. have a K.I.S.S idea? Please email them to me at wendi@wendikitsteiner.com!

No comments: