Saturday, March 22, 2014

America (by JB)

My husband is in America. Upon landing, he made his way to his hotel and shot me an email. (I was already in bed due to the time difference.) I loved what he wrote about returning to the motherland:

Very weird to be in America again. I got in the car, got on the highway, and got my music playing, and honestly couldn't stop smiling ... It felt so good to be home. Although it felt very overwhelming to be walking in the airport with so many people. I think one was the sheer number of people. Two, was the fact that they were all speaking English - and I could understand everything, and that felt like too much information to process all at once....

I know that I am gonna be in for some major reverse culture shock when we return to America in a couple of months.

No comments: