Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Reader Question on Adoption

I am currently in my 3rd IVF attempt, and thank God I'm feeling at peace. If this round doesn't work, (even though, we have another IVF cycle that we can do) we are going to start the adoption process. I guess my question for you, is where to start with the adoption process. With so many agencies out there, it gets pretty overwhelming. Any agencies you can recommend? I appreciate your help!

I did a post entitled: Beginner's Adoption Guide a few years ago that I think answers this question for this reader, providing the basics of adoption and where to get started. In specifically addressing her agency question, I always think that word-of-mouth is the best way to go.

I had friends research agencies to oblivion. In my case, I quickly "fell in love" with Bethany Christian Services for domestic or international adoptions. We also were using America World Adoption for our China adoption.

If anyone has any other adoption questions that I do not address in my Beginner's Adoption Guide, I'd be happy to answer them!

No comments: