Friday, May 24, 2013

24 weeks

Today I had my 24 week appointment. Today we also said good bye to Joni. (Sad face for us but happy face for Roy and Bri!) In just a few weeks, we'll say good bye to Aunt Connie. (Sad face for us but happy face for her getting to see her doggy and boys again.) Then, in late July, I'll head back to the good ol' USA to have this little girl who may  have a name but we just aren't quite positive yet. Lots going on.

I'll also say good bye this summer to numerous friends who are leaving the island for their assignment. People like Carla and Kristy and Sonia.

I had my 24 week appointment today. My NP (nurse practitioner) encouraged me today with some good news. I gained 5 pounds. My best weight gain yet. This pregnancy, due to the sickness, I've struggled gaining weight. But that 5 pounds puts me right on schedule. I am measuring perfectly as well. All good news.

My sleep and the nausea continue to be difficult parts of my everyday, but I am working on taking those one day at a time, not worrying about the future, and living in the moment. I continue to use Ambien to sleep which I would really prefer not to have to do. I also continue to struggle with the nausea/morning sickness. Some days are really bad. Other days are pretty good. She told me again today that just because I am still dealing with this at 24 weeks does not mean it will for sure stay all 40 weeks. That was helpful to hear!

Thank you for all of you who are praying for me. I so appreciate all the encouragement!

1 comment:

denise said...

The last half of my pregnancy I propped myself up with lots of pillows. So I was almost sleeping sitting up. Totally helped with heartburn and nausea!