Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

This year, we are joined at our home by Shane and Linda Jones and Nick and Kristy Seeliger (and their boys Noah and Jonah.) (Aunt Connie is living with us of course.) On the menu was a beef wellington, a Turkey, and a ham along with all the normal trimmings. I took a moment to look back at the Thanksgivings we have spent in recent years (since the blog began in 2005).

2011: Incirlik Air Base, Turkey: Large gathering of people for an outside Thanksgiving meal. Three kids present for this celebration.
2010: Incirlik Air Base, Turkey: Small group of friends over to our house where my just-learned of pregnancy with Abigail was the order of the day.
2009: Eglin Air Force Base: Almost all of JB's family drove up and we celebrated the holiday together on the Base with our two boys.
2008: Eglin Air Force Base: A small group of friends joined us for our first Thanksgiving as parents.
2007: Eglin Air Force Base: My side of the family made the ten hour drive north to celebrate the holiday with us.
2006: Rochester, Minnesota: We went over to our great friends house: Ron and Ebby Ray for a low-key holiday after another failed IVF.
2005: Rochester, Minnesota: While living in Rochester, we make the drive six hours east to spend Thanksgiving with my extended Huisman family.

I am a little sad that the terrible rain storm has prevented us from getting any football and any parades on TV. I also really miss my family this year. (I'm sure the hormones going through me are part of my emotion-filled experience this year.) But overall, my list of thanks is longer than I could ever pen in one blog.

To those of you beginning the holidays with grief surrounding you, please know that there is joy in the morning. That God feels your loneliness and the dreams that you have that have not come true. May you find His peace and comfort now and always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Wen! It was fun trying to communicate on skpe! Just think how fun Christmas will be this year!! hugs
mom

Buttercup said...

Happy Thanksgiving!