Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Conversation with her savior

Years ago ... probably close to ten now ... I confided in my dad's mother about our struggle to have a baby. 

Okay, so I am being honest, I didn't have much of a choice. She had told my cousin she was going to "have a talk with me" about waiting so long. And I decided to let the cat out of the bag.


I asked Grama to pray for me.


For any of you who know my Grama, you know that when that women prays, heaven moves. She was so in love with Christ. He was truly her best friend and her husband after my Grampa died in 1995. She walked with Him, and you knew that when you asked her to pray, she was really praying.


In August of 2008 I had the pleasure to go to Chicago for a baby shower in Isaac's honor. The funny thing was, it became a baby shower for Elijah too (as I was about 15 weeks pregnant at the shower.) Here is a picture of me and Isaac with my Grama. Elijah is in utero. (Grama is holding up a picture of my Dad since he couldn't be there and she wanted all four generations in the photo. That is such a thing Grama would do.)




In June of 2009, I decided to make another flight to Chicago with Sidge. I felt it was important that my grandmother meet him, and without a miracle, cancer would soon be taking her home to meet her savior at any time. She was frail and had difficulty holding my big boy, but she still wanted to snuggle with him.


Just a few months later, Grama went home to heaven. I know she and Grampa sure were happy to see each other. I had the opportunity to go to Chicago one more time at the end of 2009 -- this time for her funeral. I was able to share at the funeral how blessed I had been to have Grama pray for me. And how excited I was that she was able to meet my two boys.


Grama never go to meet Abigail. But somehow, I think Grama knew that I would someday have a daughter. Years before I had any of my children, she shared with me a "conversation" she and God had  had while she was praying one day. 


*****


Dear Lord, do you have a word of encouragement for John and Wendi who are desiring a baby and we all desire this for them too. A child to be brought forth for Your glory?

Yes, dear one, I do have a word and of of encouragement for John and Wend and all you waiting to see what glory will come forth for Me and joy for all.


This is the day of great manifestations of answers to prayers for I am coming soon and I long to see all your hearts blessed by what my power can do for you. For all of you are my children. I love you to the point of showing off how much I love you. 


 This child you are believing for is coming with great joy and fanfare. This child will be a blessing with joy and will be exceptionally in tune with hearing My Voice. She will express My love for her to all. She will be a joyful child, always happy, so much so that when she walks in the room others will sit up and take notice and all depression will leave. 


Yes, start rejoicing for she's coming and all will be well and I will be glorified. So start praising Me now -- keep your eyes on Me and know that as you keep praising Me, the enemy scatters. I love My children and I want the best for them. So again I say, Rejoice! Keep rejoicing, all is well and I am glorified!


John 16:13 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."


Psalm 8:2 "Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger."



Matthew 21:16 "Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked him. “Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read, ‘From the lips of children and infants, you, Lord, have called forth your praise?'" 

Isaiah 3:10 Tell the righteous it will be well with them for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds.


*****


I like to believe that her conversation with Jesus was a foretelling of the future. I must admit that when Grama gave me a copy of this conversation, I stored it away and when two boys came, I thought Grama had missed it. That somehow she must have been mistaken. 


And then Abigail came. 


I wish Grama could have met her. But I know she's praising the Lord for that little girl's arrival into our lives. 


I love you Grama! Thanks for your prayers. I know you played a huge role in the gift of motherhood that the Lord has bestowed on me.

1 comment:

AW said...

This gives me chill bumps. I do believe some people have the gift of prophecy and interpretations. I think your Grama might have been one of them!