Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Funniest (Currently)

Isaac: "I just found the gigantic rock you've ever seen."
*****
Elijah, after he stopped Abigail from getting into his waffles that he was eating on the floor when we had no furniture. "It's otay. I handled it."
*****
When JB comes home from work, he tells the boys he is going to tickle their brains out. After Elijah cut open his eye, he couldn't play rough for a few days. "Daddy can't tickle my brains out today," he said. When I asked him where his brains were, he said, "My brains are in here." He was pointing to his armpits. I laughed hard but then explained that his brains were actually in his head.
The next day, Elijah told his Daddy that he now knew the truth. "My brains are in my head," he told John. John replied saying he knew that. "But you tickle me here," Elijah replied, pointing to his armpits.

"I know," JB began. "That's because your head is so hard. The only way I can get to your brains is through your armpits."

Elijah's reponse was a confused, "Oh."
*****

Elijah: "You are big Mommy."
Me: "Ummm ... thanks."
Elijah: "But you are not SO big. Big guys are SOOOO big."

*****

Isaac: "Do we not call people toilet bowls?"
Me: "No. That isn't a nice thing to say. Don't call people a toilet bowl."
Elijah: "Can we call them bath tubs?"
Me: "Yes, I suppose you can call them a bath tub."

*****

Isaac: "I have decided that Elijah can play with the blue car. And I have decided that I will play with the red one."

*****

With two three-year-olds, I am answering questions NON-STOP. Here are some of the questions asked to me in just a one hour period:
  • "Do we not eat poopy?" (Isaac)
  • "Mommy, if Abigail eats a fly, will she need to go the hospital?" (Isaac)
  • "How do workers build a house?" (Isaac)
  • "When did I get born in Bri's tummy?" (Isaac)
  • "Do fishies bite?" (Isaac)
  • "My fork is cold. Could you make it hotter?" (Elijah)

1 comment:

Dr. Linda said...

Wendi, you need to gather all of these quotes into a book and get it published one day. I love reading these!!