Saturday, August 18, 2018

When I just LOVE being a homeschool Mom

Yesterday was one of those days that I just LOVE as a homeschool mom. I love days when the whole day is learning and yet we never crack a book! We drove down to our friend Anni's school in Knoxville where Mr. Tijme spoke to her deaf students about his home country of the Netherlands:


I myself am 100% Dutch and yet there was so much I didn't know. I learned so much! And I know the kids did too.

After that, we took a trip to Anni's farm where we visited with all of her animals and learned to milk a goat. The kids all tried drinking milk straight from the "goat" as well.


After that, we went out to lunch where Anni took some time to teach us more sign language!


Wow! What a day! We were exhausted on the way back home!


I love how many things we learned in one day: we met new farm animals, new people, different people. We learned about a new country (that we are very "close" to). We learned a new way to communicate and shared time with friends. I truly felt like the day was more rich than any handwriting we could have ever practiced at home.

Homeschooling is hard.

But some days it is VERY rewarding.

No comments: