Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The greatest Dad

Every year, my husband is required to get "continuing medical education" (CME) credits to keep up his medical license. You can get these anywhere, but John really likes to get them with the Wilderness Medicine Society.

I remember before JB planned his trip last year, he said to me, "I hate that I have to take a week away from my family."

And I said: "Why don't you take your family with you?"

Of course, our first thought was that all six of us could make this trip together. But I knew better. Being in charge of four children at a hotel is not fun for me. And I've learned to know my limitations and be wise with them.

The next option would be for JB and I to go together. But we just did Maine. That wasn't really an option either.

Why couldn't he take one son, old enough to sit through the conference?

So last year, he did just that. He and Isaac -- our oldest son -- went to Utah. And this year, it was Sidge's turn.

Here are some pictures from their trip to Salt Lake City / Park City. I love that my husband craves time with his children. And I love that my children get this amazing time with their dad.

On the airplane heading out. Sidge was SO excited to be with his dad. And just as excited to watch unlimited nature movies together!

With wild bison and antelope! 
 
My husband with his mini-me.
 
John planned a horse back riding adventure which was a real step of faith for Sidge. He has ridden before but only being led. He was very scared, but he was brave and tried it and LOVED it.
 


 

On their way to the airport to head home, John got a kidney stone and had to drive himself to the Emergency Room. This was a first for him and the worst pain he's ever had. Sidge did great though and they were able to get on a flight later that evening.







No comments: