Tuesday, August 21, 2018

We Bought a Farm: Renovation update (with a bear on the side)

How amazing is this! I got to see a bear on my property AND get water in my kitchen ON THE SAME DAY!

So here is a video of our kitchen as of today:


And here is what I woke up to this morning. Abigail came running into the room to tell me that all of our ewes were out of their paddock. I soon discovered why. There was a black bear. He had already killed one of the ewes when I shot this video:


Later we would have an agent from the TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency) come by. He told us that in 35 years of working this job, he has only seen this two other times. Bears just don't attack wildlife especially in the brazen way this guy did it.

We have a permit to kill the bear if it comes back. I will keep ya'll updated.

Believe it or not, just this week I started working on a book on our farming adventures. 

And then this. 

No comments: