Tuesday, August 14, 2018

We Bought a Farm: #Ican'tbelievethisismylife


My husband posted this on Facebook today. I wanted to share it with all of you as it really touched me! What John didn't mention is the "real" reason we first pulled this Mama and her baby ducks out. We had a bad storm and one of the babies badly injured his/her leg. Sidge brought it in and wanted to try and save it. I wasn't sure the duck could be saved but decided to let him try. The duck perked up within a few hours. However, its leg was badly injured. We therefore, together, made the decision to pull the mama and his two siblings out and let them spend their first few weeks in a safer home until the little one's leg healed. It healed so well, we actually can't tell which one is the injured little duck now.

Here's what JB posted.

The last few years has been filled with images of my amazing wife doing things I never expected seeing her do. Here's another one!

This mama duck went broody and hatched these ducklings. Wendi realized they wouldn't likely survive where they were at the time. She gathered the hen and ducklings, and she moved them to a portable pen which she moved around the yard every day. She did all this without my "guidance".

This coming from a girl who never would have thought of living on a farm if it wasn't for me.

I snapped this picture as Wendi and the boys were moving the hen and now older, stronger ducklings back with the other ducks.

I'm starting to not be that impressed anymore since she's can pretty much do anything she decides she wants to do! 
— with Wendi Huisman Kitsteiner.

No comments: