Monday, August 29, 2011

Some more humor

Patty recently showed Isaac where Peurto Rico was on the big map we have on the wall in our playroom. We have a US map as well as a world map. We have stars on the places we have lived, and we often talk about where states and countries are. (We also have a clock that tells us the time in the USA.) Since Patty and "Mr. Meal" are from Peurto Rico, this was a natural thing to show them. However, we didn't realize how well Isaac put it altogether until she and Isaac had the following conversation the other day while I was at a meeting with Abigail:

Patty: (While watching Isaac transport a tiny race car on top of a truck) "Is that truck carrying your car?"
Isaac: "No. It's carrying YOUR car."
Patty: "Is that truck gonna bring my car here to Turkey?"
Isaac: "Yes. This truck will bring your car ALL the way from PUERTO RICO. And now, I will show you where Puerto Rico is. Come with me. (runs to the other room and points to the map) HERE it is. This is Puerto Rico. This is where your car is, and that truck will bring it HERE."

*****

And staying with the map theme, he showed JB where Chili was on the map this morning and then said, "We ate there when we were in Germany Daddy." The restaurant? Yes we did!

*****

Two of Elijah's cute sayings recently are, "Give me Five man!" and "Sorry 'bout that," if he accidentally does something wrong. I love hearing him say those.

*****

Elijah asked for help putting on his shoe. I was trying to guide him in doing it hiself and decided to use the quotes from the book The Little Engine that Could. "Elijah you just have to think you can and think you can and think you can," I said. He looked up at me and squinted his little eyes and said, "Mommy, you do I think I can."

*****

And how is this conversation for an example of random?

Isaac: "Jesus lovs in my hugs."
John: "Really. Where did you hear that from?"
Isaac: "From my belly."
John: "Your belly?"
Isaac: "Yeah. You want to smell cookies through my belly button?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol!! I love the way little kids THINK!! Often smarter than us older folks!! :) N