I made Joni's chicken salad again this weekend -- and again got rave reviews. Truly, I don't make much, but this is one that I make and always seem to have people approving. You can serve it with lettuce "wraps" for those not eating bread. Or, you can serve it with croissants (my personal favorite.)
Here is the recipe:
- 2 pkg Uncle Ben's Wild Rice (original) cook as directed using one cup less water per pkg.
- 4 whole chicken breasts cooked and cubed [you can used canned chicken but of course it won't taste quite as good]
- 1 cup mayo
Mix the above three ingredients and marinate overnight
- 1 6 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts with liquid
- 1 1/2 C chopped celery
- 1 C. chopped green pepper
- 1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian dressing--mix according to directions
Mix the above 4 ingredients and marinate overnight
Directions: Just before serving mix above with 2-3 cans chunk pineapple (drained) and 1 can cashews.