Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Walking, credit cards, three kids, and more!

So much to say . . . where shall I start?!

Well first of all, let me say that Elijah started walking tonight. Like really, really walking. He's been taking 1-2 steps but tonight he really figured out what it was all about. Scroll down to the post below to see for yourself! We are actually very happy that Elijah is starting to walk. My forearm and shoulder are really tweaked from carrying his chubby little self all over the place in addition to the times I need to carry Isaac still. In addition, it is hard to go to the park or anywhere that Isaac can walk around because Elijah wants to get down on the ground with him. So two walkers is actually a good thing! I personally think the biggest change is the "beginning to crawl" stage. Once they can pull up, they can get to all the same things they can walking. So bring it on!

Secondly, Keenan is here with us for the next few days! Philip and Joia took little Moriah (who gets to fly free!) on a trip. They won't be back until Saturday. I feel very honored that they would trust me with their sweet boy for five days. I am hoping to take lots of pictures (not a "Joia lot" but at least a "Wendi lot",) so stay tuned!

Thirdly, last night after returning from Target where we had to pick up some child-proofing objects for our home, JB got on the computer, logged into Quicken to do our bills, and got a great big surprise! Someone had stolen our credit card number and had already, in just two days, racked up over $1,000 worth of purchases online. Yikes! Needless to say that caused both of our hearts to skip a beat. John was on the phone in two seconds flat and got everything taken care of. We had never thought about this before, but after talking to our bank, found out that we are only responsible for purchases we make -- period. Our card was destroyed, and we will now be in a "watch" system to try to catch other perpetrators. We are not sure where our card number got swiped from. We are assuming Mexico but just aren't sure.

Otherwise, I have decided to lay low this week. Isaac woke up this morning not feeling well and not acting himself. JB and I talked and I made the decision not to go to MOPs today and to opt. out of Bible Study on Thursday as well. I did what I always say I would not do and just put too many things on my plate this week. So, now, my plate is clear other than a doctor's appointment (9 and 18 month) for the boys on Friday. It's just going to be me and my four boys (Scrubs is definitely counted) for this week. We are going to hang out around the house a lot and just lay-low so as not to stress ourselves out. It should be a fun (and blog interesting) week! Stay tuned!

No comments: