Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last morning here

Isaac had a wonderful day yesterday after his rough Tuesday. He seems to be feeling completely himself. Mom on the other hand was feeling the effects of the difficult Tuesday. I woke up on Wednesday feeling a bit overwhelmed about being a solo Mom for two more days. I was going on a small amount of sleep and really felt the need for a break.

But God is faithful. He brought Bobbie to my door around lunchtime. She came just to talk and hang out with me. When I warned her that Isaac hadn't been feeling well and that we had a long night she told me she had read the blog and that's why she was there. What an encouragement and blessing! She sat and held a baby, fed a baby, played with a baby, and talked to me. When her girls got off the bus at 2pm, they joined us for some playtime, and then we all walked over to the bay to let the dogs to play. After I brought the boys back home for a nap, I returned to their house for a delicious dinner as Bobbie's husband Jeff is out of town for the rest of the week as well. Spending time with Bobbie and her family made my last full day without JB go sooooo much faster. I was so blessed to be included in their family life for awhile.

Did I tell you their moving truck comes on Tuesday? That information would change the tone of the blog so I'll leave it at that.

Now it is Thursday and JB comes home tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cannot wait to see him.

I thought I would close this post with a few pictures from Joanie's last morning here. I'll let the pictures tell the story.


It was early in the morning, but I decided to allow Joan to take a picture of me and the boys as we are every morning.
Joan and I decided to give Elijah a bath before she left. You can see Isaac making the sign for "please bath" in this picture. He saw me drawing the bath and definitely did not want to be left out even though he had had a bath the evening before.

It was Joan's idea to let them both take a bath at the same time. This little arrangement seemed to work well. Not sure I could do it by myself without having to leave one boy unattended at one point. But with a partner, it worked great. Isaac was very excited to get to take a surprise morning-time bath. If you look closely, you can see Elijah laughing at Isaac in this picture. He has started giggling everytime he looks at Isaac lately. It is way cute.
Isaac explains to us how happy he was that we let him take a bath ...

Bathed and changed, the boys take a moment to pose with Joanie before she leaves. Thanks for blessing our socks off Joan! I don't know what we would have done without you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Adorable!!!!!
Linda

Jess said...

Geesh, they're cute.

We did the same thing with the baby tub!! Worked like a charm! And if you take the older child out first, you can generally do it alone...just sit them on the bathroom floor in the towel and get the other. Works, unless you have a stairs right by the bathroom.