- First of all, I just looovvveee this pic that I stole from Joia. She took it at our windy wifia lunch at the park yesterday. Honestly, I have no idea how Joia finds the means or the energy to take the pictures she does, but she always does, and I'm really glad because at the time I think to myself: It'd be nice to have a picture but I don't have the means or the energy so I say forget it, but Joia says Go for it and then a few hours later when I am back at my computer I end up with some photos. It's a great partnership she and I have. I'm not exactly sure what my role is in that partnership, but it's great nonetheless.
- Anyways, as you can tell from the photo above, Isaac is really starting to play now. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. It's good because I want him to grow up to be a successful adult and if he was glued to my shoulder for the rest of his life, he wouldn't be entirely successful or even semi-succesful. However, it is bad because now I have to actually try to watch him and Elijah at the same time. Not so easy.
- Yesterday I actually fed Elijah a bottle while giving Isaac his lunch at the park at the same time. Propped E. in his car seat and used my left hand to feed him and kept I. strapped into stroller and put food on the little tray in front of him. It worked great! I'm figuring out ways to multi-task all the time!
- Isaac is signing "please" like a madman now. Only thing is, he doesn't understand that the other kids have no idea what he is saying and nor do they care even if they did. Yesterday someone took the little truck he was playing with at the park, and he walked behind that big kid for about thirty steps making the sign over and over again for please. It was so cute, but I felt so badly for him. Don't they know I am saying please?
- My parents are on their way to Eglin as we speak!! I am so excited to see them and for them to see the boys. I am hoping they decide to drive all the way in tonight instead of stopping midway.
- Scrubby and Deuce played at the bay for the last time today, and I made it through the visit without crying ... barely. Oh, I said I wasn't going to write anything more about that so I won't say much more. The good news is, however, that their family isn't leaving town for a few more weeks. They'll be in TLF (Temporary Lodging Facilities -- the military is full of acronyms) until early June.
- We are getting ready for a big week in our lives. On Monday, JB and I are participating in the gate-to-gate walk and run. (I'm walking and he is running.) It is 4.4 miles. After that, we'll drop Scrubby off at the kennels and get ready to head out of town. Tuesday we leave for Nashville. We are staying with my cousin Josh and his wife Sarah and also plan to see the Wilsons, my friend Shea, the old high school I taught at, and my former coach at WKU. We'll spend a few days there before flying to New York for Ajit's wedding where we'll get to see Tara, Dave, and Lesley as well. Yipeee!
- Anyone want to do a "guest blog post" while we are out of town? If you are interested, leave a comment! I'm sure everyone would love to hear from someone else for awhile.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
A few things to share
I have a few things to share.
at 3:24 PM