Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a guy!

Yesterday my JB broke the news to me. We had been assessed a substantially hefty sum of money by our condo association in Rochester, Minnesota. We still own our condo there and are renting it out to two great twin brothers. Therefore we are still liable for any assessments that come our way. An assessment is when the "powers that be" on the condo board decide that work needs to be done on the building. The owners pay that money.

Only after he broke the bad news of how large the assessment was did my husband tell me about our tax return. Thanks to some governmental reimbursements from adoption, we would be able to pay off our assessment and have quite a bit of money leftover! In addition, we'll be able to apply some of that reimbursement to next year's taxes as well.

What my husband only admitted to me later was that he had known about the assessment for quite some time. However, he didn't tell me about it in the hopes that he could soften the blow with some good news from our accountant. He said he just knew that with everything going on in our lives right now, I wouldn't have handled an assessment very well. And he was right. I definitely tend to worry more than my husband, and he kindly took the worry for me.

I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful guy, and even more blessed that he is willing to shoulder some extra stress and concern to prohibit me from having to. What a blessing. And what a guy!

3 comments:

Joia said...

What a thoughtful thing to do - and woohoo for such a great tax return! Way to go Wendi for praising your husband! Not enough of that goes on these days...

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I agree with Joia...not enough ladies praise their hubbies or GOD for them!
Isn't God kind to give us men who care for us and protect us the best they can! :)

Jess said...

YAY for tax returns! Between the IF stuff, regular deductions, and the adoption credit...last year we didn't pay any taxes! Hey, I think if you have to PAY for a FAMILY, the least we deserve is a bit of a tax break! lol

And yay for good husbands! :) I'm a worrier, too, and mine rarely tells me much of anything! hahaha