Friday, March 06, 2009

Tara!!!

Tara and her boyfriend Shomir got in around 7pm last night. JB made a fabulous dinner. Filet Mignon wrapped in some sort of bacon with cheese, a mushroom risotta, sweet potato fries, broccoli, and bread. It is so wonderful to see Tara again. Her boyfriend Shomir is a very cool guy! So down-to-earth and funny.

Around 11am today we headed down to Seaside for lunch and dessert. On the way, we planned a stop at the house of a woman who runs a dog kennel out of her home. When we go to Ajit's wedding in May, our normal dog sitter Jodi is out-of-town :( I was pretty stressed trying to figure out who I could leave Scrubs with for a week. Many people I would consider asking are moving around that time so I needed to come up with a new plan. I found this gal online. What a cool place she has! Lots of places for the dogs to play and hang out, they sleep in the house with her at night. It's just great! Not only that but her prices are incredibly reasonable. God is so good to take care of even the little details in my life. I really wanted to avoid putting Scrubs in a traditional kennel and this lady will allow me that chance. It sounds like a little thing, but it was really important to me to make sure Scrubs is in a good place while we are gone.

We had lunch and dessert at some recommended spots in Seaside and then returned to the house. Shomir has headed to Pensacola for the night to reconnect with an old friend. We are just hanging out at the house. Tara is such a great guest. I don't feel any responsibility to entertain her and she has been so helpful with the boys as well. I hope to turn in early tonight before spending one more day with Tara before she heads home with Shomir on Sunday morning.

If you could think of it, please be praying for me. I am doing really good with my post-surgery recovery. However, I am still quite plagued by some GI issues that are affecting my appetite and just general well-being. Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAVE FUN YOU GUYS!!! :-)
Give eachother a hug from me!

Jess said...

Will say a prayer. For sure.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I KNOW Tara is taking pictures...where are they??! :-)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Will pray. So glad you found that for Scrubs! Who knew!!!? :)