Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanks Brandon & Kristen!

Our good friends in the Polar North, Brandon and Kristen gave Isaac these scrubs when we went for our visit. He is finally big enough to wear them. It's hard to see them in the picture, but they are sooooo cute on him! The pants are still a tad long, but his little buddha belly fits perfectly in them.





It's hard to believe that Isaac was this tiny when we took the trip to Minnesota in June. Wow -- time flies!




Speaking of our little Isaac's Buddha belly, both he and I went in for our check-ups yesterday.

First, Isaac. He is now nearly 20 pounds which is about 81st percentile. He is 27" tall (as compared to 20" at birth) which I believe put him somewhere in the 70th percentile-- but I actually can't remember. He still has a small head -- 37th percentile. His head doesn't look that small to me so the only thing I can figure is that there are some kids with some really big noggins out there!

Isaac did great at his appointment despite the fact that we were there a very long time. Doctor G. was late getting in, she asked if I would let a medical student practice on us first, and we had to do two appointments. All in all it was a 2.5 hour day! However, Isaac is never short on the receiving of attention. We gets tons of visitors during our trips to the Clinic, and Isaac never disappoints with his big grins for anyone who wants to hold him or play with him.

We are still waiting for a referral to go through the computer system to see the plastic surgeon regarding his ear. We are hoping to possibly secure an appointment today. I am nervous about having this done but know that it is best to have this taken care of before he can grab his ear at will.

As for milestones, he is at age with everything except rolling over. While he has rolled from his stomach to his back a few times, he has yet to roll from his back to his stomach. It appears he has the ability to roll but lacks the desire to participate in this activity. Dr. G. said we will give it another six weeks before discussing if anything needs to be done to see why he is a bit behind in this area. Quite honestly, his lack of rolling is probably due to Mommy's failure to put him on the ground enough. He sits all the time now but gets so upset when lying down, that I don't do the exercises enough. Dr. G. made me feel better though. She put him on his stomach, and Isaac did exactly what he does for me. He laid his head on the table and just cried. Dr. G. looked at me and said, "Okay. You're right. That is quite pitiful. I'd have trouble leaving him too." :)

Otherwise, aside from the rolling over, Isaac is the picture of health! We opted out of getting our shots done yesterday as it had already been a very long afternoon. We'll go up one day next week (when Daddy can be there too!) Daddy has consistently found an "excuse" to avoid attending the deliverance of shots, but we are determined that this time, he has to participate so Mommy can take a break from the tears.

As for Mommy, she is doing well. My weight is a little on the higher side so I have to try and watch it during the last ten weeks. Dr. G. also believes the continued pain I am having to the right of my belly button (or umbilicus as they call it in the doc. circles) is due to the umbilical hernia scar tissue that I have. As that gets stretched and as Elijah kicks and head/butt bumps it, it causes some pretty good discomfort.

She also suggested I wear a belly band throughout the day so as to prevent the discomfort I am having in the evenings. She said some women's uterus just "hangs" and hurts and this strap could help keep me "pulled up" and not uncomfortable. We'll give it a try.

My stomach is measuring at 30 weeks even though today I am at 29. Elijah's heart rate was in the 130-140s. Doing well.

So that's the baby and baby-to-be updates in our house. Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

yuan family said...

He looks so cute in the scrubs! I am glad to hear that all three of you are doing well!

TAV said...

Love ths scrubs!!! yay for baby and infant updates!