Monday, November 03, 2008

Stuck at the hospital

JB has four women scheduled to deliver in the next few weeks. Today is one of those lady's big day. Or actually, maybe it will be tomorrow. Either way, John has been at the hospital since 7am this morning, and it doesn't look like he'll be home anytime soon. I doubt he'll be home by tomorrow morning.

Isaac and I stopped at the Greek restaurant to pick up some dinner and bring it to him. We actually got to spend a few hours with him in between checks on his patient. The good news is, he may actually get some sleep if the labor goes long and then have tomorrow off since he'll have been on all night. So it's not all bad.

I'm happy for the lady who is having her baby, and happy that she gets to have her doctor there. I know that that is something I think about a lot. What if Dr. G. is not there when I go into labor? Which one of JB's male colleagues would be my doctor then?! Either way, it's just weird that my husband is the doctor she wants to have there. I often forget that he actually he is a doctor until I go visit him at the hospital, and he starts talking to other people in a language that is completely foreign to me. I wonder if he has to consciously turn off his "brain" when he comes home so he can talk to me in English again?

Speaking of my guy, it seems that Joia has tagged me to do a post on him. So maybe I'll do that tomorrow. For now, I'm heading to bed early! Just me, Scrubby, and baby Isaac.

Tomorrow is a big day. Tomorrow we have the opportunity to vote for the individual we want to lead our country. Go vote everyone!

1 comment:

TMac said...

Sorry for the lonely night! I hope your "boys" keep you company!! Eat some chocolate, always makes me feel LESS lonely! HA

~Talley