Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bunches of busy

There has been a lot going on around here. Too much to just write about in paragraph form, so . . . out come the bullets!

MONDAY

  • I watched Jocelyn in the morning.
  • I watched Keenan in the afternoon while Joia went to our "Moms in Motion" class. I decided that while she was at class, I'd take all the boys (Isaac, Keenan, and Scrubs) on a walk so that I was getting some "Motion for Mom" time too! I've done this twice now and really enjoy it. Keenan and Isaac seem to enjoy the stroller and petting Scrubs while we walk.
  • JB hung out with a few of the guys he is working with after work. Even though it's hard to have him gone all day and then again in the evening, I know he enjoyed the opportunity to get together with some friends.
  • I decided to get some work for RLSF done in the late-night while I waited for JB to get home. This was a great idea! Both Scrubs and Isaac were asleep, the house was quiet, and I was able to work without distraction for nearly three straight hours.
  • Confirmation occurs that our little boy is indeed getting two teeth! You go Isaac!
  • Scrubs continues to look out the window, wondering when he can play with his buddy Deuce again. His wound is healing but still has a few more days to go! Poor doggie.

TUESDAY

  • I called Tiffany mid-day in a bit of a panic after every window in my house burst into a loud rattling three times in a row. "Bomb drills," she informed me. What is this? Do they think this is some sort of military base or something?!
  • JB had the day off so he watched the boys for me while I had lunch with my friend Becky. I am so blessed by the friendship she and I have been able to develop. Our love for the Lord and our journeys with IVF have really united us! She is getting ready to start IVF. I am so blessed to be able to stand by her on this journey. It is very healing for me to be able to use what I went through to help someone else. It makes me feel like our road was not walked in vain.
  • Half our evening is spent bringing our van to the shop. Things are not very close to base around here. Any trip seems to take about a half hour. Anyways, the van is still in the shop. Looks like it needs a new transmission. The good thing is, we had heard the 2002 Odyssey's can have transmission issues so we got them to throw in a free warranty when we bought the van. That's a relief!
  • We get some major grocery shopping done after dropping the van off. Isaac loves the grocery store.

Wednesday

  • Living with one vehicle isn't as easy here as it was in Minnesota when we were without children and could walk everywhere. A lot more planning is needed now to facilitate getting everyone where they need to be. I take JB into work in the morning which requires waking Isaac up to get into the car. Oh well. Good thing the kid goes with the flow!
  • It is my turn to host the wifia lunch at my house which I do on Wednesday afternoon. I call on my great friend Erica to save the day, remembering the taco ring she made at my house when she came to visit. Mine wasn't quite as good as her's, but it did the job! I added a second ring to make sure we had enough. Sarah and Andrea weren't there so JB and I had some for dinner that evening. Here's a picture of my taco ring (courtesy of Joia):

  • Scrubs is growing up more and more! He is especially good with kids. Here is a picture of him eating some treats from Keenan. Keenan lovvveeees to gives Scrubs his treats and could care less that this results in a lot of slobber. William, on the other hand, is a bit smarter. Forget that dog slobber, I'll just throw the treat and the dog can find it!

  • Wednesday evening was Care Group. I really love our Care Group! I am just not so good at starting an activity in the evening lately. I really do "turn into a pumpkin" as Tiffany likes to say even earlier then I used to! I'm quite useless by about 7pm. Unfortunately, Care Group starts at 7pm which is after both Isaac and my own bedtime.

Thursday

  • Thursday has just started but there are still bullets to share! Firstly, JB got paged early this morning as another one of his ladies has gone into labor. An early morning page is a good thing. You hope it will not conflict with your evening plans if all goes well. This is especially hopeful in today's case because we have our once-a-month ladies book club this evening and John is not only scheduled to watch Isaac but Keenan as well while Philip is on nights. Hopefully this gal won't take two days!
  • Only bad thing about an early morning page when you only have one car? Having to get your sleeping baby out of bed to take Daddy into work. Isaac didn't think this was a very impressive idea at all, but he just snuggled into my shoulder and willingly allowed himself to be strapped into the car seat for an early morning drive.
  • I have my OB appointment this morning. Isaac has his six month appointment as well. We are hoping to get him into the plastic surgeon this month as well for the beginnings of discussion about his ear tag. I'll update you on both appointments post-visit.
  • I'm watching William today for a bit while Tiffany goes in to get her foot looked at. That gal is still in a boot! What an adventure that has been.
  • More bullets to come soon . . . the week is just barely half over . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

will you be posting how to make the taco ring? I looks very yummy and I'm hosting 11 people for Thanksgiving week and need some new ideas for dinners to feed the bunch during that week. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Taco ring!!!... please post how to make it (or at least the recipe).
Thanks!!
Did you get your van back yet?

TAV said...

i was sooo impressed w/ the taco ring on joia's blog! i may try to make it next week! :)