Sunday, November 09, 2008

My hubby!

Okay, tagged by Joia a few days ago, here is my attempt at being loyal to the tag.

1. Where did you meet? At Fort Lauderdale Christian School. I think I was about 9. However, the first time I really have any memories of him was in fifth grade or so when we were on the same basketball team together. JB doesn't remember this.

2. How long did you date? We started dating in December of 1993. We dated until February of 1994 and broke up for, a weekend I think. We got back together in February 1994 and dated until the summer of 1994 at which point we broke up again. We got back together sometime in late 1994 and continued dating until we were married on June 20, 1998. So I think in total we dated about 4.5 years.

3. How long have you been married? We were married ten years in June of this past year. That is 3,792 days or 10 years, 4 months, and 17 days. :) (I used some online converter to figure this out.)

4. What does he say that surprises you? When he shares how much he enjoys/loves Isaac, I am always surprised. Mostly surprised that we are parents and also surprised that he thinks Isaac is just as cool as I do.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? Probably his eyes. He has very cool green eyes.

6. What is your favorite quality of his? Probably his leadership. I trust him 100% -- even though he sometimes thinks I don't since I get a bit "worry-warted" and ask a million times about the same thing.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Mostly he calls me "Babe."

8. What is his favorite color? I always think this is a weird question. I would guess some sort of green, but I actually have no idea. I don't even know what my own favorite color is.

9. What is his favorite food? He is a "foodie." He likes food of all sorts. But I would say currently he most enjoys sushi.

10. What is his favorite sport? If he were going to play a sport on a day for fun, he would want to play soccer. In the past, we have enjoyed playing some co-ed volleyball together and pick-up basketball. We also like to watch any sporting event if it is a "big game." Tennis, volleyball, basketball, anything.

11. When and where did you first kiss? Homecoming night in late 1995. We were at my house.

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Travel and anything active and outdoors.

13. Do you have any children? Yes -- finally. Isaac is the most awesome son ever! He's six months old! We also are waiting for the finalization of an adoption from China and expecting another son in January.

14. Does he have a hidden talent? Well most of you know he was a graphic designer before he was a doctor. He loves art and is very good at it but doesn't get much time to do it. His Dad is also a contractor so he has taught JB a lot of that type of work. I think JB can do/fix anything that isn't related to cars -- he doesn't enjoy that. He also hates plumbing, although he is pretty good at it if he needs to be.

15. How old is he? 32.

16. Who said "I love you" first? He did. Totally shocked me. Never saw it coming.

17. What is his favorite type of music? Christian of the more "modern" sort.

18. What do you most admire about him? I think I admire how good he is at everything he does. Being a doctor, mowing the lawn, cleaning the bathroom, being a father. He just does anything he puts his hand to well.

19. Do you think he will read this? Yep, although he isn't as good of a blog reader since we came to Eglin. The base doesn't allow access to blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've posted a comment so here goes...

The question: Who is John's favorite family member of Wendy's?

The answer: Josh

Edward Charles said...

Reading about your history with JB takes me back to those high school days. From the beginning you all were just meant to be. And I love that belly pic of you on the prior day's blog - so cute you are pregos!