Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The coolest doctor's office ever!

I remember the orthodontist when I was a kid. It was an old cowboy waiting room with a small area for really little kids to play in. It was pretty nice. It was okay. A bit boring, but good enough. The most exciting spot in the whole room was a board where they hung newspaper articles that their patients were featured in. They were unhappy when I won player of the year for basketball and took a photo without showing my teeth. But they hung the article just the same.

Today I went back to the orthodontist. Not for me. I'm way done with braces! Thank goodness! But for my neighbor Bobbie's kids. Bobbie is better known as "Deuce's mom." Her husband is a colonel and a pilot and they live right on the water with a sprawling backyard bordering the bay. I visit their yard many times a week so that Scrubs and Deuce can play together. It's one of my favorite things to do. No matter how hot it is out, it is cool under the big trees.

Bobbie has four fantastic children. The oldest two daughters had appointments and Bobbie had a base activity she needed to attend. So I took all four of her kids (because her boys can't stay home by themselves) to the orthodontist. You should have seen me in my mini van with her four kids, my Isaac, and my bulging belly. A total soccer mom if you ever saw one.

I walked into what I was told was an orthodontist's office but looked more like a youth group hang out room. The boys instantly took off and headed into a "video game" room! Even brushing your teeth before you got started was a game. Isaac and I sat down on this huge blue couch that I could have easily taken a nap on. Kids were coming in and checking in on a computer. The doctors and techs were walking around, talking to people. There was a contest for a food drive. If you brought food in, you were entered into a drawing. It was way cool!

I want to bring JB there just to show him what a cool office is like. If he ever does open his own practice, he's GOT to get an office like this! I'm sure it pays for itself very quickly with the people that come in! It was awesome.

* * *

In other news . . .
  • JB returned to work in Pensacola this evening. We miss him!
  • My parents come in tomorrow evening. I miss them! And rumor has it, they miss Isaac a bit too.
  • I think I am going to make pancakes for dinner again tonight. I'm getting good at those things.
  • I'm incredibly sore from my "Moms in Motion" class yesterday. Taking a week off due to illness really set me back a bit.
  • Jodi stopped by today to test Scrubs on his "greeting guests" routine. He actually did pretty well. He managed to stay and lay and not get up (much) until she was comfortably seated on the couch. Good work Scrubby! And thanks Jodi. What a great friend you are!
  • JB made his first batch of babyfood this morning. He started with applesauce. Isaac had it for dinner tonight and really seemed to love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi! We miss you and John too!!! We're almost there! I can't wait to see Scrubby sit and wait when dad and I get there! Loveyou! See you soon!! mom h

Natalie said...

Hi

Found your blog today - loved it!

Your little guy is just so handsome and too cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kit-no-heiny-stineys. We miss you and hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving Day. WE are thankful for YOU!