Friday, September 05, 2008

And you thought Scrubs was a big dog!


I've been taking Scrubs, at least once a day, to the dogpark down the street from my parents' house. It is extremely helpful to have a place he can get off leash since there really isn't anywhere for him to run at my parents house (other than up and down the stairs) and they live in a townhouse so there is no yard. I've also been walking him everyday (1-3 miles) as well. So he's been pretty well behaved -- a good thing when you are a guest in a home.

Thursday morning, JB, Isaac, and I decided to take Scrubs to the big dog park out by the Sawgrass. The pictures above are of a friend Scrubs made. If you thought Scrubs was a big dog, he looked like a poodle next to this beautiful Great Dane.

This is a wonderful park and much bigger (and with less dirt) than the one right down the street from my parents. However, it is too far to go to very often. One of my favorite things is that it has a walking track all the way around the park. This means that I can walk while Scrubs plays. This is extremely helpful to keep him "on the move" and to allow me to get exercise at the same time. At the smaller park, the dogs have a tendency to group around their owners and not go off and play. Having the track keeps him running to keep up with me. If he sniffs or plays for too long in one area, he quickly discovers I have moved on and begins a frantic search for me. As soon as he spots me he comes sprinting my way, only to run past me and find new things to sniff.
Here are some more pics from our morning at the park:


I love this photo. This is Scrubs running right at JB. This so perfectly captures our pup.


Scrubs, with a slightly dirty face from his play in the dirt at the smaller dogpark the day before.

Here's me walking the track and Scrubs sprinting to keep me close. JB thought this picture really captured Scrubs' desire to keep me close, but not close enough that I'll tell him it is time to go home. :)

JB also got a few photos of Isaac, sleeping in his stroller during the outing:


4 comments:

Kendra said...

I love the action shots of Scrubs ;) and Isaacs lip it too much great shots John!!

Joia said...

Such sweet pictures of Isaac sleeping!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics. I miss you guys!!

TAV said...

WHOA! That is a BIG dog!!!
and i like the public subtle belly pic ;)