Friday, February 23, 2007

Why?

I read this this morning in my devotional time:

Oscar Wilde once wrote: "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." A third tragedy may be added: the tragedy of not being able to go forward after tragedy has occurred. When a tragedy strikes, our first tendency is to ask, "Why?" We may never know "why," but God promises to be with us always. When we make the decision to go on with life, He leads us in His paths of mercy and truth.

1 comment:

AW said...

I can relate all to well to this. It's not an easy lesson learned, as I am still learning it.

My Sunday School teacher taught a lesson a few months ago that told us during tragedy or pain, to NOT focus on the WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY questions we always ask. But to focus on the question of WHO? WHO is our Faithful Redeemer? WHO is our Father Protector? WHO is the Alpha and Omega? I've been working really hard on that the last 6 months or so. It basically makes me focus on the only question I can answer and leave the rest to Him to answer.