Sunday, February 25, 2007

Snow and 40,000


Well the snow is coming down like crazy. It seems that every church in the area has closed. I still haven't see our church listed but there is no way we are driving in this! We live right near an intersection and have only seen a few cars try to muddle through.

Last night we ate pancakes for dinner, and today we are sitting in front of our big bay windows just watching it come down while watching the weather channel. My boss at Mayo was interested in me working today, but he said we'd probably connect via Internet and not via office.

There are also reports of power lines down from the ice. I'm praying our building doesn't lose power as we have a lot of elderly people here who would really have a hard time with that. It isn't terribly cold outside (mid 20s) but cold enough to be very cold inside without heat.

Completely off the topic, I also noticed that the Polar North had its 40,000th visitor the other day. Unfortunately, I haven't been watching the counter so I didn't realize it until someone asked me about it. Oh well. Congratulations to the anonymous winner. Anyone could claim it!

No comments: