Sunday, December 24, 2006

P.F. Changs and Apocalypto

After going for a morning walk, attending Robbie's basketball game, having a quick breakfast with my parents, and watching Nate and Grace for a few hours (and watching the movie Cars) with Grace, we headed to pick Rob and Bri up and head out for a night of fun.

Joan made us reservations at P.F. Changs at 6:30. However, unbeknowest to us, movies in Florida don't start until 10:00 instead of the usual 9 starts I am used to. So, notice the pictures of us at the restaurant at 6:30. We had a delicious dinner!

Now notice Bri and Wendi at 10pm, before the start of Apocalypto. Bri and Rob were rarin' to go. Even JB was doing okay. I on the other hand gladly accepted a can of "Amp" from Bri to attempt to act like I was used to movies that began at 10pm.

As for the movie, it was VERY violent but VERY good. I can't remember seeing a two and a half hour movie and only thinking an hour had gone by when the movie concluded. It was unbelievably intense and well done. However, if you don't care for violence, wait for it to be edited for television. I had my eyes closed for quite a bit.

I went to bed at 2am. And, of course, here it is 8am, and I am wide-awake. Sleeping in has never been my forte. It is now Christmas Eve, and we plan to spend it with my parents, Keith and AD. Then we will spend Christmas Day with JB's family.

I'll take pictures and post later. Merry Christmas Eve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Wendi (and John)!
It's been fun "seeing" a bit of your time in Florida.
We head to Ed's mom for the Kotynski Christmas Eve and will spend the nite with her so she wakes up on Christmas for the first time since Dad died with someone there! :) Then we head to friends from church with their two kiddos who asked to adopt us for Christmas as neither set of parents could come. No snow here and I still sweat in my winter coat when i walk! :)
love Tante Jan