Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Need Your Help

Well, JB and I were talking and, I'm going to have to change the name of my blog. Not yet, mind you, but I don't know that I can really call it LIFE IN THE POLAR NORTH when we are living in northern Florida.

So, take a look at the poll to the right and PLEASE add a vote. If you don't like any of those and have another suggestion, please post a comment! We want to know what you think.

As far as moving to Eglin, we are, obviously, very excited. JB talked to the Assistant Director of the family medicine program on the phone this evening. She is a wonderful Christian woman, and he is very excited about working with her and the nine other residents given appointments to Eglin.

Mixed in with the excitement are some other emotions. We are also thinking about the prospect of selling our condo, taking our mission trip, moving across the country, and saying good bye to all the wonderful people we have met here. We found out that JB's start date is June 5!

I am also feeling SO MUCH BETTER than one week ago. It is amazing what taking a break from infertility treatments has done for me. For one thing, I had one of the best night's sleep last night than I have had in quite some time. I cannot wait to leave for Florida in two days. I cannot wait to see my brother and AD get married. I am looking forward to many things, and we definitely know we made the right decision.

My new online friend Andi wrote on the comments from a few days ago:

I am in tears here. Mostly because so much of what you said is my heart. My DH and I are on a break too. I don't think I realized how much energy was expended on TTC when what I really needed was to expend energy on my relationship with my Father and to just GRIEVE. So many don't understand the emotional pain that comes with infertility/miscarriage. Although there was a relief to not taking temps, drugs, and "timing" the most personal part of your life, there was an unexpected thing: the actual grieving process. Without all that "stuff" to keep me busy, I had more time/energy to just BE and I don't think I expected that.I'm proud of you for making the decision, because it is VERY hard. You will be surprised with how relieving it is, but prepare yourself for some "work". The work of becoming closer to our Lord. It is a hard earned and yet rich, rich blessing!

I love what she wrote. Thank you Andi for letting me know that you completely understood. That is SO helpful! Finding people who have been through it and can relate is so encouraging.

Tonight I have talked on the phone to more people than I usually talk to in a month! There are also quite a few people who have left messages that I haven't gotten to return calls to yet. Thank you so much for sharing our excitement. We are so looking forward to the next six months of our lives, and the next three years we will get to spend near family in Florida.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it should be Life...blah blah...thaws out

From Ron Ray