Friday, December 15, 2006

Home, Erik and Raylee

I am heading to work from 7-11 at Mayo, and then we are heading to Ron & Ebby's where we will pick them up so they can drop us off in Minneapolis. It's been a very hectic week getting ready to leave and dealing with a lot of "stuff", but I am blessed to be heading home and warming up. Although, honestly, the Polar North hasn't been so shabby lately! Don't worry, I'll be posting from Florida and will try to take indoor pictures so as to not evoke too much jealousy dear northerners. (YEAH RIGHT!)

Second bit of news. Today is a big day for my buddy Kristi and her wonderful husband Lee. She is going to be delivering her second daughter Raylee via c-section sometime this afternoon. I am frustrated that i will be on a plane and it may be difficult to get the news, but I know everything is going to go great! This has been a long road for Lee & Kristi, and I'm so excited to get to meet Raylee.

The third bit of news is that Wednesday night I watched the finale of The Biggest Loser. If you aren't watching this show, you should! It is so inspiring. Whether you need to lose weight or don't, it reminds you that what you eat and how much you move affects your overall health. Want proof? Well, check out before and after pictures of the show's winner ... Erik, who clocked in a 214 pound loss (in about 8 months time). Wow!

And yes, that is definitely the same guy! Isn't that something. Actually he is only one of many dramatic changes including a slew of people who did it "at home" instead of "on the ranch." Make sure you check out next season.

Also, speaking of shows, I was surprised to see that the Survivor Finale is Sunday! Already? There are five people left. I'm worried about catching this while in Florida. I'll have to make sure to tape it! This should be awesome!

Okay, I really cannot wait to board the plan in Minnesota amidst people in ten layers only to get off the plan in Florida to a variety of people and cultures and short mid-drifts. YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the name of your blog should change completely. Maybe something like, "Life in the Sunny South".
Kristina in GA
kpwhitley@hotmail.com

AW said...

Wendi,

Biggest Loser: LOVE THAT SHOW! I haven't watched it this season due to my work/church schedule, but I watched it for the first time last season. It really is the most inspiring reality show out there. Makes you realize how undisciplined we are in our Life habits. (Not just eating, but taking care of ourselves all around!) Cannot believe that is the same guy!

Andi