Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's a go!

So if this is the first time you are checking the blog today, I suggest you scroll down to the first post of the morning and work your way up. Otherwise this may be confusing.

Here is my follicle count from today:

1 - 20.5
1 - 20.0
1 - 18.5
2 - 18.0
1 - 17.5
1 - 17.0
4 - 16.5
1 - 16.0
1 - 15.5
3 - 15.0
2 - 14.5
2 - 14.0
2 - 13.5
2 - 13.0
3 - 12.5


The doctor this morning was a bit worried about hyperstimulation (OHSS), but they said they are no longer concerned after getting my estradial numbers back. This means we are good to go!

We will harvest on Monday morning. I have a 6:30 a.m. report time. Unless they find something unusual when they go to get the eggs, we will return for a FRESH TRANSFER (YEAHHHHHHhhhhh!) on Thursday. I am so happy. I was really not getting down and was still feeling positive and upbeat, but thinking of not getting to do the fresh transfer, take a month off, and then take all the meds to build my lining back up was not exciting me. We also have a big trip for Christmas already scheduled and didn't want to have to rearrange things. Also, fresh transfers have a slightly higher success rate (not a whole lot at Mayo -- their frozen rates are very high as well), so I didn't want to lose this option. Now, it doesn't look like I have.

As for me, folks, I am as bloated as can be. I have put on ten pounds of bloat. I am not exaggerating. Ten pounds! Well, at least I hope it is bloat. JB explained that my walnut-sized ovaries are probably now fist size. Sunday can't get here early enough.

I was also blessed today by a dear friend who dropped off a "Pamper Yourself & Relax" box. I won't give her name away in case she wants to remain anonymous but this box was awesome. I currently have the soft socks on, JB is going to pick me up some Panera for lunch, and then, as instructed, we are going to watch one of the movies on the couch! Thank you dear friend. I almost started to cry when I looked in the box. What a gift you have for knowing exactly what a girl needs.

This is it folks. Pray like crazy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, girl!! Go get those follicles and go, sticky babies :)
You are and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
<3 tara

Anonymous said...

I am praying....
you are awesome.....
i'm all teary -i hate you having pain but am so proud at the same time.
hug John for us.
Jan n Ed

Anonymous said...

oh, i am SO incredibly happy for your news! :-) hooray for you, wendi!