Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It's Wednesday -- tomorrow's the transfer

Tuesday was a good day. I worked from home the entire day and only left the house to go and vote (DID YOU VOTE?!?) and then go to acupuncture in the evening. We also went and had Indian for dinner. We have not had reason to celebrate very much during this infertility journey, and we thought that twelve fertilized embryos was a great reason to celebrate. By the end of dinner, I was wiped out and had probably pushed a little too much. I fell asleep a little after 8.

We now wait to hear how those twelve did and are doing. Hopefully, we will find out tomorrow that all twelve are still thriving. However, we continue to trust the Lord with His perfect number.

So tomorrow is the transfer. We will find out later this evening what time we are supposed to report to the hospital for the procedure. Once we find that out, I will call our acupuncturist to set up our appointment there. JB and I will walk over to our acupuncture appointment one hour before our hospital check-in time. Then, our dear friend Ebby has agreed to be our "shuttle". She'll drive us to the hospital, then pick us up from the hospital, and then take me back to the acupuncturist after the hospital visit. It will be a busy morning. Hopefully, by noon, I will be back at home resting comfortably.

I had one day off (Monday) from any shots, however, that is a stretch because I had to get an IV started which is totally worse than any shot you can get. I am done with lupron and gonal but am now back to the granddaddy of shots -- the progesterone. I take these in my lower back every evening until our pregnancy tests. If I am pregnant, I take them for another 6-8 weeks. The reason? Normally, women who get pregnant on their own, have leftover follicles which release progesterone which is necessary to prevent miscarriage. I don't have any leftover follicles to emit that progesterone so I must take it artificially. There are oral and suppository versions of progesterone. However, the shot is the most reliable, and therefore the mode of choice in most RE offices. Women who wait this long to get pregnant gladly comply. So ... I take the shots.

I am going to go to work at Mayo today. I wasn't sure I'd be able to but am feeling pretty good. I'll probably take a long break midday and maybe leave early. I won't work tomorrow at all.

We will, of course, post updates as they become available. Thank you for all your encouragement and support. You guys rock!

4 comments:

Faith said...

I did just happen in to your blog. I read your story about your life and think it was a fantastic. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be back to see how you do.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thanks Speedy. Glad you are here. Visit often!

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you and john know how to find reasons/things/excuses to celebrate thru life....
those shots have me praying today...again you'll be in my thoughts continually tomorrow morning with prayers!
i love you
Jan

Anonymous said...

As I told JB (who isn't as good about replying to e-mails... :))... go, 12 blue babies and go, implanted-on-Thursday sticky babies! :)
<3 t